Monday, September 26, 2011

Two date nights, Two different ideas...

In tune with our adventures, Matt and I each planned a special treat for the other, to celebrate our three year milestone. My being the impatient one, I decided to share my special event  first. Everyone knows that Matt loves, loves, LOVES going to the movies. It is his way to relax, check out from reality and enjoy the story. He loves going so much so, that he often lets me pick out what I want to see, chick flicks and all, and will happily go with me! Me on the other hand, I'm not a big movie buff, but I like seeing movies with him.

Idecided that I was going to treat my lovey to a drive-in movie experience. I just found out about the drive-in theater in Hockley, and turns out, it isn't THAT far from Houston. I ventured to Whole Foods, got all of Matt's favorite treats, including popcorn, packing a little ice chest and we were off to the drive-in. Now, I have to share, I WAS SO EXCITED. Here we were, out in the country, with our picnic dinner, seats folded down, hatch open, and watching a movie under the stars. We had such a fun time!! We saw Moneyball, and I thought it wasn't that great (at least to me) but Matt really liked it. Check him for the reviews..... it was a wonderful experience and a special date night treat! I can't wait to go back!! It was a wonderful way to kick off our celebration weekend :)

Now let me just start with, Matt's plans for our anniversary weekend blew my movie treat out of the water. He started off the day, cooking breakfast, packing our bags into the car, and off we went to Hyatt Lost Pines, right outside of Bastrop! Excitment doesn't begin to explain my thoughts, because ever since I started living in Austin, I have wanted to go to this beautiful resort. I would always pass by, and gaze at the sign, dreaming that one day, I would get to see and experience it all. My sweet lovey brought this experience to life for me, and let me just say, WHAT AN AMAZING experience it was. Walking into the resort, you feel a million miles away from everything, as this place truly feels like an oasis. The hill country has and always will be one of our favorite places, so its no surprise that we fell in love with Hyatt Lost Pines. We started the adventure with a trip to the pool, going around the lazy river a few times, enjoying cocktails, and laying out by the adult only pool. That evening, Matt treated me a wonderful dinner at their prime location, Stories. Delicious doesn't even begin to describe the food. AMAZING!! After dinner, we went to the lounge, enjoyed some blues music, played a little pool, where I did beat Matt (hey, 1 our of 3 games works for me), played a little dart game. We ended the night dancing a bit to the music, then took a stroll around the property. Ahh, this place is gorgeous!! On Sunday, we did a quick work out (something we have both come to enjoy doing together) and then breakfast was waiting in our room. Here are a few pictures from our adventures at Lost Pines. Cannot WAIT to go back!!




No comments:

Post a Comment