Sunday, April 24, 2011

Birthdays!

Birthdays are a wonderful celebration of life, a time to reflect on the past year, time to look forward to the next year. I love celebrating birthdays, and it comes as no surprise that I love celebrating the people I love. M had a wonderful birthday this year (at least I like to hope). His sweet family came down on Friday, we spent the day hanging out, going to a wonderful lunch, great movie, and topped it all off with a delish dinner on the Riverwalk. It was such a treat to have them in SA :)

On Saturday, M's family had to get back, so we went fishing at Choke Canyon. M is such a fisherman! He loves spending time on the lake, hoping for the next big catch. It is by far his most favorite thing to do with his Dad. We have been dating 2.5years, but yet, we have never been fishing together. I respect that this is a "man" activity, and I did not want to tread on those "waters." BUT I knew how much he loved fishing, so I thought, what a better way to spend the rest of his birthday weekend. So I gathered all the fishing supplies, our fishing "outfits" (because of course you need an outfit to fish in) and packed a picnic. While the big fish got away that day, we had the most wonderful time outside, enjoying the lake, enjoying each other's company, and I actually enjoyed M teaching me how to fish!

I am so thankful to have M in my life, thankful for his peaceful demeanor, thankful for his sweet smile, and his gracious heart. What a wonderful year ahead, and I can't wait to see what this year has in store for him. Happy Birthday M!

Riverwalk with the family
Birthday boy and his sweet Mom. 

Birthday cake bites!

Here fishy fishy!

Enjoying the scenery, waiting on the fish to bite!

 I look forward to many more fishing trips with my fisherman. What a wonderful birthday weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment